Monday, July 20, 2009

By Grace Through Faith!

"By Grace through Faith"

This morning, I am deeply struck with the passage of scripture in Eph. 2:1-10.  Like you, I can easily remember the time that I was dead in my trespasses and responsible for my own sin.  I am thankful today for the grace of God, by which I have been made alive!  The interesting point to me in this passage is that many times, we tend to miss the fact that we are not only redeemed, but that we have been "raised up" and that we "sit together" in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.  I think all of us can grasp that theologically, but bringing into our daily reality is the point of this devotion.  I find this passage to actually be a declaration of the Father over our lives!  I have been redeemed, I am raised up in Christ above all authorities and I am seated with Him in heavenly places!  How does that work it's way into my daily life?

I have to walk in that in three specific ways:

1.)  I must renew my perspective!  (Col. 3:1-3)
I now have the ability to think like God thinks and to see myself the way that He sees me.  I must start defining my reality and live my life based on the truth of the Word and not my daily experiences.  

2.)  Release my past! (Gal. 2:20)
I must get out of the graveyard of my past.  There is nothing there for me...I must make a decision to live my life NOW, by virtue of the authority and the anointing that is a result of my relationship with Christ.    I will not be dictated by my past, by the lies of the past, the reality of the past or the hurts and pains of the past.

3.)  Redeem my purpose! (Eph. 1:3-12)
I have not arrived at this place in my life by mistake...I did not just stumble into this place of life and ministry...I am here by divine calling!  I am on this earth because God has a unique purpose for me.  He has a redemptive plan for my life and I will fulfill His calling on my life while I am on this earth!

I stand with you today in all that God has purposed for your life and ministry.  I agree with God's declaration over you that you are not only redeemed, but have been raised up with Christ and sit with Him in authority.  No power, principality or darkness will stand successfully against you.  You have been endued with the transcendent anointing..."GREATER is He that is in you, than he that is in the world"!! You are a world overcomer and destined for greatness in your life.

No comments: