Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Law of Kingdom Life!


Make no mistake about it...everything in your life is governed, directed and dictated by laws! In fact, everything that you see in the natural is established by law. There are laws that govern the spirit, soul and body. Out of those laws, we find principles that become the handles that bring that law into motion or in other words, activate the blessing or the consequences of that particular law. There not a single thing that you do in life that isn't impacted by law.

The definition of the word law is interesting: "a system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of it's members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties." The Hebrew word for law is "nomos" and it means "that which has been established...a command".

The Bible is the "law" of God. The Kingdom of God is built upon and based on that law. In fact, the word very clearly points out in Romans 8:2, that the "law of the Spirit of life that is in Christ Jesus, has made me free from the law of sin and death! In standing on that word, I discovered that the word for life is "zoe", and it refers to the absolute fullness of life, a life that is active and vigorous, devoted to God and blessed! That blows my mind...the fullness of life that is available to me, the active, vigorous and healthy life that is mine, the blessed life...it's more than a result, it's a law of God! God has commanded zoe towards me. Based on that law, I have a righteous right to live healthy, vigorous and blessed.

Now, my part is to realize that the benefit of that law comes into reality when I begin to walk in the understanding and the authority of that law. As long as the blessed life remains only an option for me and just another possibility among many, and I don't get a revelation of it, I'll never walk in the authority that enforces that law when the enemy attempts to break it. In fact, if I don't get an understanding of it, I'll never walk in authority relative to it. As long as the enemy can keep me in the dark, and I am tossed "to and fro" about who I am in Christ and what belongs to me, he'll always have me in a place of vulnerability and my life will basically be up for grabs.

Several years ago, I left a Saturday night service at our church and was driving to a restaurant to meet some of our church family. I was in a hurry as usual (don't really know why) and a police officer stopped me for speeding. He happened to stop me on the same road that the church was on. As we began to talk, I played my "preacher card" thinking that just might get me out of a mess. When the officer realized that I was the pastor of the church just down the street, I thought I was "home free"...it was then that he informed me that if I traveled that road as much as I did then I should have known the speed limit!! He graciously gave me a warning (so did my wife) and I went on my way. What was he saying? I should have been knowledgable of the law that dictated the speed on that road. Obviously, I knew the law; but I ignored it.

For a lot of people, that's the case. We know what the word says, but we ignore it. Either that, or we are ignorant of the law. Either way, you're in trouble! The old saying used to be: "what you don't know won't hurt you..." I realized that statement couldn't be more off target. In one sense it's true, it won't hurt you, it can kill you. When you don't know the law or the Word of God regarding your life, you'll begin to live by tradition, half-truths and assumptions. Either that, or your theology will become relative to your reason. There is so much of the Word of God that just doesn't make sense to your natural self. That's because it's not a kingdom of flesh and blood. They are spiritual laws and must be exercised by faith, not natural reasoning.

As a citizen of the Kingdom of God, it is your responsibility to know the laws that govern who you are and who you are becoming. Many people mistakenly think that the will of God is automatic in your life...nothing could be further from the truth. God's will is certainly His intention for you, but His will, His word, His law; must be enforced and you must become the enforcer. Let me tell you how critical it is that you get in an understanding of this. I don't have a right to healing and health in my body just because God loves me. Now, He does love me and every law of the Kingdom is based on His love, but it's more structured than that. My right to health and healing isn't up for grabs or decided upon by God on a day to day basis. It's a law: "...by His stripes I am healed", Isaiah 53:5. So, based on that law, everything contrary to health and healing is illegal! Now, if I don't know that law, or if I'm not convinced of it or even walk in a revelation of it; I won't stand on it in faith. When that happens, I just start wishing and hoping that I'll get healed...instead of walking in it with authority.

The enemy is a liar and the "father of lies". In fact, it's the only weapon left in his arsenal. He has been stripped of power and authority, but he is the master liar. He has messed with our theology over the years and many people have come away with this consortium of mixed up beliefs, that they're really not sure in any given situation what God's purpose, desire or intent is. His word is infallible, undeniable and steadfast. His word is final authority. Stop living by what you see, think, hear or feel and take a stand on the law. It's your only hope!!

Whenever the law of God is enforced, the result is "zoe life". The manifestation of obedience to the law is the blessed life...a life that is marked by vitality and vigor. On the flip side of that, breaking the law of God, whether out of ignorance or disobedience produces death. Get the law (word) in your spirit....settle the issue in your mind, align your talk with the word and refuse to live beneath the rights and the blessing of that law in every arena of your life...spirit, soul and body. The next time you are faced with an issue, before you even ask God what His will is, find out what His Word (law) says about your situation. Remember, His Word IS His will! Once you discover what His word says, don't be swayed by anything else. His word is your ammunition, you are the sheriff - take your stand in faith, favor and anointing!!

No comments: