Saturday, September 19, 2009

Am I Alone?

September 19, 2009

Traveling is tough...as I write this, I'm sitting at the Charlotte, NC airport, I just finished a meal by myself and I have a bit of a layover. Being alone in strange places really isn't my thing...I'm about connecting, hanging and chillin with family and friends. Yet, in some odd way; I have a sensing in my heart that this part of my new job is something that is ordained of the Lord. I have to believe that because I am the redeemed of the Lord, every aspect of who I am and what I do is also redeemed...my life isn't up for grabs, so all of a sudden, there is a new possibility that even times like this are not only ordained of the Lord, but are in fact; ordered of the Lord!

But how do I fit that in with who I am and with my personality...I have to consciously redeem the moments of my day and time. In other words, I can just travel, or I can travel redemptively...knowing that God has ordained and ordered supernatural appointments and moments in which He wants me to see His hand at work in my life. Can I learn to look for and appreciate the gifts that God brings into my life? Can I move through an airport and hear the word of the Lord over my life? Can I sit on an airplane and receive ministry or give ministry, whatever the case may be?

The connecting points between places of ministry are like a link in a chain...I just left Miami and I'm headed to High Point, NC...do I just go through whatever it might take to get from point A to point B, or do I walk in a place of authority and readiness, knowing that all of my steps, my time and even the disruptions of life are ordered of the Lord? Can I accept the fact that a canceled plane, forcing me to be in "travel mode" for eight hours is not as interruptive as I would naturally think? Could it just be possible that in the larger scheme of God's plans and purposes for my life, that He has orchestrated everything that concerns me and if I would be more open to the little moments, He could move me as He would like to do? Absolutely...and by the way, that would have to apply to every arena and event of my life...God really does have a plan and nothing catches Him off guard. I give Him room to take even the "disruptions" of my life or the "alone times" of my life and to breath His fresh breath of love and grace over them and to transform them into times of uniques blessing and usefulness for His glory over me!!!

No comments: